Popologetics: Popular Culture in Christian Perspective (Ted Turnau, 2012)
But, like it or not, notice it or not, popular culture plays a huge role in our day-to-day lives, often influencing the way we think and see the world. Some people respond by trying to pull away from pop culture altogether, and some accept it without question as a blessing. Popular culture, like any other facet of society, is a messy mixture of both grace and idolatry, and it deserves our serious attention and discernment. Learn how to approach popular culture wisely, separating its gems of grace from its temptations toward idolatry, and practice some popologetics to be an influence of your own.
Popologetics: Popular Culture in Christian Perspective
- Popologetics: Popular Culture in Christian Perspective (Ted Turnau, ) – Ransom Fellowship!
- Orthodox Presbyterian Church?
- Montana: A Bicentennial History (States and the Nation): A History?
- GROWING UP HOLY?
- Explore ICM Books;
- See a Problem?.
I wish he had examined how the Bible not only condemns idolatry but also warns against any engagement with it. In my mind, he must do more with Deuteronomy 13 than suggest that words as well as images can lead one astray.
- Guía Completa para Marcas en Pinterest: descubra cómo usar esta novedosa red social para promocionar su negocio y conseguir clientes nuevos (Redes Sociales, ... Marketing Online) (Spanish Edition)!
- Popologetics: Popular Culture in Christian Perspective, Turnau Ted: Book | ICM Books?
- A Political Diary 1828-1830, Volume II.
- Product Information?
- WINNING THE ZOMBIE WAR THE UNHEARD CRIES: Book One PORT HOUSTON.
- Will Munday: A Reluctant Warrior.
I grant it is difficult to critically engage while ignorant. Yet I fear the consequences of the type of appreciation for modern culture that Turnau encourages. I wish he had shown the same kind of insightful sensitivity he did in treating the question of holiness and the temptations to sin that are prevalent in pop culture. The book ends with a series of examples of how to apply the material in it. Although he uses concrete examples to show how to implement his approach, I fear some readers will be unfamiliar with his examples.
Popologetics: Popular Culture in Christian Perspective - Ted Turnau - Google книги
Turnau does a good job of critically examining pop culture for those who are unaware or even antagonistic to it. I benefited from his analysis and critique.
Yet I am not ready to embrace it in the same way he does. If he wants to change the mind of this grandfather, he should address the role of Christian liberty in appreciating different cultural expressions. Contact Us Donate. Printer Friendly.