Read Books Eager for Glory: The Untold Story of Drusus The Elder Conqueror of Germania Ebook
He married Mark Antony's daughter, Antonia, and fathered Germanicus, the Empire's most popular general, and the future emperor Claudius. He died when he was only 29 and was revered in death. Eager for Glory is an objective and thoroughly researched account, written in a lucid narrative style, which reveals the author's passion for the period. Product Tags Add Your Tags:.
My Basket. You have no items in your shopping basket. Drusus the Consul; 7.
Drusus the Hero; 8. Notes Description based upon print version of record. ProQuest Ebook Central Rental. Print version Lindsay Powell, Philip.
- THE DEMON OF BLACKWATER SWAMP.
- Eager for Glory: The untold story of Drusus the Elder, Conqueror of Germany, Lindsay Powell.
- You may also be interested in....
View online Borrow Buy Freely available Show 0 more links Set up My libraries How do I set up "My libraries"? Open to the public ; Online : Licence restrictions may apply Book English Show 0 more libraries None of your libraries hold this item.
- Flesh and Blood (DS Minter Book 1).
- Eager for Glory.
- Shop now and earn 2 points per $1.
Found at these bookshops Searching - please wait We were unable to find this edition in any bookshop we are able to search. These online bookshops told us they have this item:.
Follow the Author
Tags What are tags? Add a tag. Drusus had an interesting life.
- Serving Pride (Pride Series Romance Novels Book 5);
- Account Options.
- Allergies and Asthma: What Every Parent Needs to Know.
- Tales from Spinnerbottom;
- Browse more videos;
- Pen and Sword Books: Eager for Glory - ePub.
- Halsey & Co. or, The Young Bankers and Speculators?
He was a member of the first family of Rome at the time when Augustus was establishing his rule, but when the Senate still had some real power and the forms of the Republic were still largely in place. He was a successful military leader, but he was also an explorer, taking a Roman fleet along the German coast and probably reaching Jutland. He was also a successful administrator, especially in Gaul where he played a part in securing the loyalty of the province.
Powell does a good job with his sources, producing as well rounded a picture as is probably possible of Drusus.